martes, 30 de junio de 2015

EASSY 2

If you were not limited by the demands of the national/regional curriculum, what would you say is the most important thing you would teach your students about your subject (in a CLIL context)? How would you assess their learning?

If I haven’t got limitations by the curriculum or the assessment criteria I’m sure that I will teach my subjects in a different way.
I’m a teacher in a vocational training school and I teach the business and economic subjects.
Every course I must to adapt to the curriculum of the subject and this thing is not always easy. First, because in my opinion the time is not enough to teach all the concepts. And second because the curriculum is not prepare to be teach to students with different levels.

But talking about how I will teach if I can what I want…I’m going to start saying that every time I’m more sure that in students with a complicated level of comprehension you must uses new methodologies. The classical methodology with a explication, time to make activities, and a write test, its not enough.

In my case, and with the subjects I teach, I prefer to use a methodology with no exams, no texts to memorize and no silly activities…
I will use cases. Cases that will be in relation with the contents of the units that includes the curriculum, but with the idea of focus the learning process in the student.
The student is going to learn and reach the objectives of the subjects working in groups and learning to take decisions based on real situations. And the student is going to improve skills and abilities as the same time he learns the concepts.

And the way to asses the subject will be more easy because during every class I can follow the evolution and the progress that the students are doing. Maybe is more work to prepare the classes, but if the cases are well selected, the subject will be completely different and more interested and original for the students.


But this only happens in a dreamed and perfect world, so we must follow trying to teach as best as we can with the regional and national restrictions.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario