Methodology 3...
My third reflection is about the Higher Order Thinking (HOT).
As I said in the other reflections, I teach in a Vocational Training School in Llombai.
This village is located in an agricultural area. The students in a high percentage belongs to agricultural families with orange, peaches and kakis fields.
This circumstance reflect the students profile, who are more focus on practical works than in the theoretical studies. With this I’m not saying that they are not intelligent, because maybe they are more creative and enterpreneurs than the university students, but at the moment of understand technic explications, they have problems if the lecture is too much theoretic. They always need to view a practical view.
With this type of students, I have think that the Higher Order Thinking (HOT), is a fantastic tool to motivate them in his learning process.
Because with the HOT Model the student is going to start with a theoretical point of something and little by little he is going to developing that concept more and more practical. First he start remembering something, second he is going to understand, third apply what he understand and so on until he finish creating or producing something.
This model is not going to solve all the problems of this students, but I’m sure that with time and a good preparation of the lectures, it will be very useful for me. And also to another teachers from my school!
So the teacher is going to play an important role in the development of the HOT Model. He must prepare the lectures trying to motivate and stimulate students in the way to think how to work with this model and to think in a HOT Model direction.
To conclude, I have discover some model and tool that for me are very interesting, like the HOT Modelm the C´Wheel or the CLIL Methodology, and for the next course I’m going to start to use in my lectures.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario